Barracuda Launches Cloud Application Protection 2.0 to Defend Web Applications Against Evolving Attack Vectors
- Client-side protection automatically creates and deploys protections against website skimming and supply chain attacks such as MageCart.
- The new deployment option brings the same security engine as Barracuda WAF and WAF-as-a-Service to containers.
- Cloud Application Protection leverages machine learning, vulnerability scanning and remediation, and advanced threat protection to deliver active threat intelligence.
- The auto-configuration engine automatically strengthens security settings to deal with today’s threats.
Barracuda Networks, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, today announced significant new capabilities for its Cloud application protection platform to provide an additional level of protection and make it even easier for organizations to secure their applications in a digitally transformed world. These new services and features include client-side protection, the ability to deploy containerized WAF nodes, and an automatic configuration engine. Additionally, Cloud Application Protection now leverages machine learning, vulnerability scanning and remediation, and advanced threat protection to deliver active threat intelligence for more powerful protection.
Cloud Application Protection is Barracuda’s platform for Web Application and API Protection (WAAP). According to Gartner: âBy 2023, more than 30% of web applications and APIs intended for the public will be protected by cloud-based web application and API protection (WAAP) services, which combine denial protection of Distributed Service (DDoS), Bot Mitigation, API Protection, and Web Application Firewall (WAF). This is an increase from less than 15% today. 1
âAt Barracuda, we strive to continuously simplify the security of our customers, and Cloud Application Protection 2.0 delivers enterprise-level application security with consumer-level ease of use. said Tim Jefferson, SVP, Engineering for Data, Networks and Application Security at Barracuda. âThe powerful new features we are introducing address the application security issues that are of greatest concern to organizations right now and also provide protection for the next application destination. “
Barracuda recently surveyed hundreds of IT security decision makers organizations around the world, and the top five application security challenges they reported were bots, supply chain attacks, vulnerability detection, API security, and security slowing business developments. ‘applications.
The strengths of Cloud Application Protection 2.0 include:
- Client-side protection – This new feature automatically creates and deploys protections against website skimming and supply chain attacks such as MageCart. These types of attacks are carried out by infecting a script loaded directly by the browser, which means that WAFs are unable to detect them. Cloud Application Protection 2.0 adds both protection and reporting capabilities against these attacks.
- Containerized WAF deployment – This new deployment option brings the same security engine as Barracuda WAF and WAF-as-a-Service, but in container form. As more and more applications are now deployed in containers, they can now be protected.
- Auto-configuration engine – The automatic configuration engine uses machine learning models to verify an organization’s traffic patterns and provide recommendations to strengthen security settings, thereby reducing administrative costs.
- Active threat intelligence – This cloud-based machine learning-based service provides active threat intelligence in near real time to detect and stop new threats as they arise. Barracuda Active Threat Intelligence brings together Barracuda Vulnerability Manager, Barracuda Vulnerability Remediation Service, Barracuda Advanced Threat Protection and the Barracuda Advanced Bot Protection cloud layer, making it a single service that spans the gamut from detection to resolution.
In addition to these features, Cloud Application Protection 2.0 adds Azure Sentinel integration that allows advocates to quickly see the most important information in the specific context, enabling quick responses. Customers can also choose to create rules on Azure Sentinel to perform configuration tasks using the WAF API to close the feedback loop when new attacks are detected.
A workbook that configures an Azure Sentinel workspace with a Barracuda WAF or WAF-as-a-Service specific dashboard is now available in the Azure portal, making it easy for administrators to deploy this integration.
“Barracuda Cloud Application Protection brings together all the features and performance we need with the ease of use we want” said Zach Peer, director of technology and managed hosting at One North. âAs long-time customers, we believe the solution provides the best possible protection against all of the latest threats. “
Learn more about the Barracuda Cloud Application Protection 2.0 platform: https://www.barracuda.com/cap
Learn more about Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service: https://www.barracuda.com/waf-as-a-service
Read the report: The State of Application Security in 2021: https://www.barracuda.com/appsec-report-2021
1 Gartner, âMagic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls,â Jeremy D’Hoinne, Adam Hils, Rajpreet Kaur, John Watts, October 19, 2020.
At Barracuda, we strive to make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to enterprise-grade, cloud-ready security solutions that are easy to purchase, deploy and use. We protect emails, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that evolve and adapt to our customers’ journeys. Over 200,000 organizations around the world trust Barracuda to protect them – in ways they may not even know they’re in danger – so they can focus on growing their business. . For more information, visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, and the Barracuda Networks logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.