best web programs and apps
Photo collages are very popular because they allow several photos to be combined with each other in a creative and fun way, for a very effective result, whether shared on social networks or printed on photographic paper. A collage can be a nice idea useful for creating personalized greeting cards to collect the highlights of a party, an event, or to compose a story.
In this guide we will show you the best free programs for PC to create collages quickly and easily. For those who don’t want to use any programs, we will also show you several web apps that you can use to create a collage of photos and images without downloading anything, just using the web browser.
In the following chapters we will show you how to create a beautiful photo collage using both PC programs (with any operating system) and web applications, accessible online with any browser without installing no program.
Programs for creating photo and image collages
The most classic way to create photo and image collages is to start the computer where the photos are to be used and use a free program, so you don’t have to pay a single dollar for the creation.
One of the programs we recommend you try right now is Collagist , available free for Windows and Mac.
With it, we will be able to create fantastic photo collages from predefined templates or downloaded by the user, who will only have to add the photos in the different frames offered and save the result on the disk. In addition to the simple creation of collages, it also allows to modify some parameters of the background of the photos, so as to give a touch of personalization.
Another very good program for creating photo and image collages is Shape collage , available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Shape Collage can be used to create the classic collage or to create a mosaic made up of various shapes such as hearts, circles or rectangles, or inside custom shapes such as written texts or designs. Additional options include background customization which can be single color, transparent effect, gradient color, or selected photo.
Among other options, you can create borders around the photo collage, custom frames, select a size for the final image, choose the size of a photo, select the number of photos you want to use and set the spacing between photos.
If we are looking for a valid alternative to the programs mentioned so far, we can also try Free Photo Collage Creator, available free for Windows.
From this program, we will be able to choose every aspect of our college, from the background (in a single color or with a personalized image) to the number of photos to insert inside, with the possibility of changing the size of each frame.
Other useful programs for creating photo and image collages can be found in the following list:
- CollageIt: Lightweight and easy-to-use app, it lets you instantly create photo collages in just three steps.
- Quick Collage Maker: Relatively simple program that lets you create collages on your PC and combine up to 10 images with 100 different preset layouts.
- Photographic landscape: program for combining images and creating photo collages from your computer to which I dedicated a special article.
- PhotosSpills: Free college software that comes with 5 different photo layout templates.
- Collier: This is the most difficult college program to use because it has a more complex interface.
- Footwall: a simple open source program where you can combine multiple photos together on one page, using the mouse.
- Pic Collage: A handy and easy-to-use Windows 10 app that provides pre-made templates to create a beautiful collage with no commitment.
- Phototastic Collage allows you to group up to 25 photos in a single college.
- Atlanta offers two collage layouts: a smart layout, with fewer options and very fast, and an advanced layout, with many more options.
- PhotoJoiner, the simplest application where you just have to choose the photos and create the collage.
Web application for creating photo and image collages
If the current computer cannot install any programs or if we want to avoid installing new ones for reasons of space or system cleaning, we can create photo and image collages using web applications , that is, real sites with applications, accessible with any web browser for PC and with any operating system.
The first site we recommend you visit is Canva, which can be used for free after free registration.
Once we have access to the editor, we will be able to upload all our photos there and use one of the many layouts offered to create a nice collage or mosaic of images, with the possibility of performing operations of quick photo retouching. Once we’ve created our collage, we can choose to share it on social media or download it to PC as a printable image file.
Another great site for creating photo collages is Collage of the room, which can also be used without registration.
Once the site is open, just click on Add a picture to add photographs or images to use for collage; in the following screen the site will allow us to choose the layout or the model with which to compose the collage, with a wide variety of artistic themes (we also find the heart, the silhouette of a person or a flower) . At the end of the job, we can always download the created job, so that we can share or print it.
As a valid alternative to the sites seen so far, we can also try the Photovisi site, which can also be used without registration.
This site is ideal for creating collages quickly and with great graphic quality without downloading anything, choosing from the many templates already available to create new collages and mosaics of images. We have also talked about this site in depth in our guide to online photo album creation .
If we want to try other websites and web apps for making photo collages, we can try the ones listed below:
- webGobbler is a small program for Windows, Mac and Linux PCs, specializing in artistic collages. Actually, you can create photo mosaics with different effects which blend the images even in no particular order and using a lot of shades.
- Fotor is one of the best web apps (which can also be installed as an app for Windows 10) for making edits to photos, which also has the function of create photo albums and collages, in a simple and intuitive way.
- Fotojet is another very powerful and free website that specializes in collage which has already been mentioned for create photo postcards, design projects and graphics.
- Google Photos too offers, among other things, the function of creating a collage composed of several images.
- Ribbet is an easy-to-use and great looking web application that creates photo collages by putting images on one page.
- Photojoiner is a website for creating photo collages and reports with an easy to use full screen editor with big buttons and a clean and intuitive interface.
- PicsArt, also available as an app for Windows 10, is a powerful collage maker with three modes: Grid, Frame, and Background.
- BeFunky is one of the easiest and most up-to-date sites for creating photo collages, immediately usable without registration and with plenty of editing and customization options.