Fortnite Update 19.10 Patch Notes, Server Downtime, Tilted Towers, Cover Canyon & MORE | Games | Entertainment
Fortnite developer Epic Games is gearing up to release a huge update to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Android, and Nintendo Switch.
After waiting what seems like an eternity, Fortnite Battle Royale and Save the World update 19.10 is finally ready to release.
The new Fortnite update has a release date of January 18 and a launch time of 9am GMT in the UK.
Needless to say, an update of this magnitude will come with some server downtime, which will begin around 8:30.
Once the servers are completely offline, Epic Games will make the latest update available for download.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with some hints of what to expect.
“Where we drop. The v19.10 update is scheduled for January 18. Downtime will begin at 04:00 ET with matchmaking disabled 30 minutes prior.”
If you’ve been paying attention to recent leaks, rumors, and reports, you’ll probably understand that the first part of the tweet refers to the return of Tilted Towers.
The popular Fortnite destination is set to return with the next update, which is great news for fans.
As Fortnite insiders such as Hypex have pointed out, the new update is also expected to introduce Cover Canyon’s new location, as well as a potential new boss battle.
Fans can also expect to see the return of grenade launchers, as well as a new stage in the snow cycle.
There’s also the Butter Cake ride-on animal, as well as the Butter Berry Shield Fruit. This particular item will be sold by an NPC.
Finally, Epic Games would add new Glider and Pickaxe edit styles for The Foundation.
This is on top of the usual boatload of game tweaks and bug fixes, which can be seen in the patch notes below.
Fortnite update 19.10 patch notes…
• DLSS temporarily disabled for DirectX11
– DLSS for DirectX11 is temporarily disabled. We are working on a fix.
– DLSS is available for DirectX 12. To change your rendering mode, go to Settings > Video > Advanced Graphics > Rendering Mode and select DIRECTX12.
Battle Royale issues
• Weekly Challenge: Collecting Telescope Parts Problem
– Some players may not be able to find a third telescope part when completing stage 2 of the weekly quest “Destroy and collect telescope parts in a single match”
– We will automatically complete this quest for players in our next game update.
• “Lost network connection” error when trying to join the match as a spectator.
– Players will receive a “Lost network connection” error when trying to join a match as a spectator.
• Certain outfits experience a frame rate and bright light drop when equipping Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters
– Outfits with reactive gold styles such as Midas, Meowscles, and Skye may experience light flash and framerate drop when equipping Spider-Man Web-Shooters.
• The progress of some cosmetic challenge bundles is not visible
– Quests from the Cosmetic Challenge Bundle are not displaying in the UI. This is a visual issue only and progress towards the challenges is still ongoing.
• Healing in the tent is disabled.
– While we are investigating an issue, players can no longer heal themselves while resting in the tent.
• Daily quests do not appear if another mode was last played
– After playing a non-Battle Royale mode (like Party Royale, Creative, or Impostors), players may find that they no longer have daily quests displayed in their Quest tab. This is only a visual issue. Loading into a Battle Royale match will again show quests.
• Crash pads don’t look visually correct
– In Creative, Crash Pads currently have no materials, making them visually incorrect. This is only a visual issue.
Save the World Problems
• The arc of the vacuum tube does not cause a string lighting effect
– The vacuum tube arc no longer causes the chain lighting effect when used correctly.
Switch and mobile issues
• The Storm is not as dense and is more transparent on Nintendo Switch
– Players may not always be able to see the storm forming and approaching them as the storm visuals are more seamless on Nintendo Switch devices.
– While we are working on a fix, players can still rely on the minimap to verify the location of the Storm Circle.