How to connect a proxy server on Windows 10 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about connecting a proxy server in Windows 10. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to connect a proxy server on Windows 10. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to connect a proxy server on Windows 10
Windows 10 offers the ability to configure a proxy server from the Settings app, without the need for third-party software. With this feature, you can protect your online privacy by hiding some of your tracks while browsing the Internet. Also, using a proxy server may be the only way to access the Internet in schools or businesses. Acting as an intermediary between your Windows 10 device and the Internet, the proxy server is used to access online content from any web browser you have installed, as well as Windows 10 apps from the Microsoft Store.
When you configure a proxy server in Windows, Windows applications route their network traffic through the proxy server. For example, you should use a proxy server provided by your employer. You usually use a power of attorney if your school or workplace provides one. You can also use a proxy to hide your IP address or access geo-blocked websites that are not available in your country, but for that we recommend a VPN. If you need to set up a proxy for school or work, get the necessary credentials and read on. The settings you choose will be used for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and other apps that use your system’s proxy settings.
How to connect a proxy server in Windows 10
There are two basic methods for connecting to a proxy server on a Windows computer. One is an automated script, the other is a manual method. Let’s start with instructions on how to use the script:
- On your computer, go to Start > Settings.
- Click on the Network and Internet option.
- In the side menu, click Proxy.
- Enable the Use configuration script option.
- Enter the script address given to you (your employer, school, or other server owner) and select Save. You can then exit setup and the script should take effect immediately.
The other method is to manually create a proxy server:
- Enable Use proxy server in the Manual proxy settings section.
- Enter the IP address in the Address tab and the port number in the corresponding field.
- When you’re done, save your changes and exit this menu.
Final Words: How to Connect a Proxy Server in Windows 10
Hope you understand this article How to connect a proxy server on Windows 10, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.