Senior UX Developer – (AI/Web Apps)
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united to provide the best experience to our customers. We work together every day to foster an inclusive work culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company.
As a Senior UX Developer within PNC’s Retail Lending Automated Solutions group, you will be part of a dynamic team of people working collectively on advanced analytics, machine learning, and application development to optimize retail processes. lending technology. We design and deploy virtual assistants compatible with conversational AI and web applications.
The Senior UX Developer role is a hybrid position that offers the flexibility to work both in the office and remotely and is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Some job responsibilities may require time in the office on a regular basis.
Your work will enable our customers and the company to enjoy a seamless and natural experience with our technology, simplify and streamline processes, and improve cost performance. You will report to the Head of Intelligent Automation and be part of a high performing team of developers and data scientists dedicated to improving the customer experience, profitability and efficiency of retail lending.
• Leverages understanding of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations in UI development to provide technical design and development of complex UIs.
• Provides design and development specifications for user-friendly and efficient graphics, layouts, icons, objects, navigation, and templates. Participates in coding, testing, implementation and documentation of front-end development.
• Analyzes user experience on graphics, layouts, icons, objects, navigation and models. Maintains and upgrades interface functionality for specific requirements and actively participates in code and design review as needed.
• Participates in business evaluation and requirements analysis processes for front-end development of graphical user interfaces. Makes it easy to publish data, programs, forms, HTML pages, and graphic images for existing and new applications.
• Leverages modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient and reusable code.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Mastery of InvisionApp or Figma or Sketch for wireframing (Balsamiq)
• Ability to transform design mockups and wireframes into functional components
• Comfortable presenting work confidently to groups
• Know at least one CSS framework (Bootstrap, Semantic, Tailwind)
• Conduct user research and gather requirements for new and existing products
• Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
• Experience with data visualization libraries (Google charts, D3.js, etc.)
• Experience with the React.js framework
• Knowledge of agile methodology
• Experience implementing user stories and writing unit tests
• Ability to interact directly with all levels of management
• Proven skills in project management, problem solving and decision making
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Leverages understanding of the activities, practices, deliverables and considerations in user interface development to provide technical design and development of complex user interfaces.
- Provides design and development specifications for user-friendly and efficient graphics, layouts, icons, objects, navigation, and templates. Participates in coding, testing, implementation and documentation of front-end development.
- Analyzes user experience on graphics, layouts, icons, objects, navigation and models. Maintains and upgrades interface functionality for specific requirements and actively participates in code and design review as needed.
- Participates in business evaluation and requirements analysis processes for front-end development of graphical user interfaces. Makes it easy to publish data, programs, forms, HTML pages, and graphic images for existing and new applications.
- Leverages modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code.
PNC employees are proud of our reputation and we expect our employees to be:
- Customer-centric – Know the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage this information to create customized customer solutions.
- Risk management – Evaluate and effectively manage all risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s enterprise risk management framework.
Application design, architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to use them to convert business requirements and logic models into technical application design.
Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for evaluating business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and guide future business planning decisions.
Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles and processes of design thinking; ability to use knowledge in the design of new products and services and even to improve the functioning of the organization.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively convey, receive and interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Integration of packaged applications – Knowledge and ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with enterprise applications, databases and technology platforms.
Solution Development – Knowledge and ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions.
User Interface Design – Knowledge of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations; ability to design effective graphical user interfaces for conveying information to the client’s workstation.
Web Application Technology – Knowledge and ability to design, develop and support applications accessible over a network through a browser.
Roles at this level typically require a university/college degree, with 3+ years of relevant/direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Bachelor’s degree (mandatory)
Additional job description
Base salary: Based on skills and experience.
PNC offers its employees a full range of benefits to meet your current and future needs. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a health savings account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spousal/children’s life insurance; short-term and long-term disability protection; maternity leave and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absences; 401(k), retirement and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; supportive care for children/elderly; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a strong wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability accommodation statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and responsive to individual needs. If you have a physical or other disability that may require accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or the application process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruitment or contact email us at [email protected]
Hours of operation for the Human Resources Service Center are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, veteran status or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to understand how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in connection with our employment practices.