Top 5 online directories UK retailers are forgetting – 365 RETAIL
Today’s consumer is armed with a smartphone in hand, and it is their essential resource for obtaining information on the products and services they need. Today, nearly half of all Google queries are for “nearby” searches for products and services in the region. As a result, the rules of engagement for clients have changed dramatically.
In this new business landscape, consumers don’t just rely on brand recognition. Google reports that nearly 9 in 10 shoppers are not absolutely sure which brand they want to buy when they start searching online on their smartphones. As a result, a retailer’s online business listing is often the first point of contact in the customer journey. Yet many retailers have inaccurate or incomplete information in their online business listings, or are not even listed in key online directories for their target market.
Most retailers know that Google My Business listings are vital to online presence – with Google garnering 87% of the UK search engine market share in 2019 – and at a minimum, have compiled a list of ‘companies on Google and one or two well-known platforms like Facebook and Bing. But many are unaware of the reach of other online directories that may be less well known, but still crucial to connecting with the right customer.
– Advertising –
To avoid losing out, here is a list of the top five business directories UK retailers should target:
Apple iOS is the most widely used mobile operating system in the UK. With Apple Maps as its native map app, it’s no surprise it’s one of the most popular apps in the UK, with 9 million unique visitors per month. Businesses that register with Apple Maps Connect can include their business’s website URL, as well as their Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp profiles.
Why Apple Maps is an Important Directory for Retailers:
- Disposable income of Apple iOS users is generally higher than that of Android users
- Retailers can reach iPhone, iPad and MacBooks users
- Retailers can optimize for Siri (voice search)
- Apple Maps is more commonly used by consumers looking to buy from a particular location now
- Apple Maps has global reach to consumers, with 1.4 billion active Apple devices globally
Yelp has high domain authority and is one of the most used business review sites in the world. It’s also a popular community review forum, hosting over 184 million reviews in 2019. Yelp for business owners is free to join and also has analytics tools that can help your business. to see how many clicks, calls, and pages visit your Yelp. pages receive.
Why Yelp is an Important Directory for Retailers:
- 1.2 million unique monthly visitors to the UK
- Yelp’s High Domain Authority Can Influence Your SEO Rankings
- Users visit Yelp when looking to make a purchase
- Yelp powers Alexa and Bing voice search assistant
- SurveyMonkey has found that 97% of people who search on Yelp spend money with a business they find on the platform.
Scoot is one of the directories powered by Scoot Network, which operates the largest network of online-only business directories in the UK, with a network of over 400 websites. About 2 million businesses are registered on Scoot and registration is free. The directory allows consumers to rate, rate and recommend local businesses and services.
Why Scoot is an Important Directory for Retailers:
- Scoot Network feeds the business directories of Touch Local, The Independent, The Sun and The Mirror
- All your company data is uploaded to the central index
- In addition to the basics (name, address, phone number), retailers can include payment methods, testimonials, reviews, map location, specials, and social media profiles.
- Retailers gain visibility across multiple search websites, spanning broad demographics
You may be familiar with Waze as a navigation app that is great for finding alternate routes around traffic jams and provides real-time information from the crowd about road works and even debris on the freeway. For businesses, this is a powerful tool for local marketing, allowing them to connect with on-the-go drivers who are looking for local businesses nearby.
Why Waze is an important UK directory
- Over 2 million UK users, half of them in London alone
- Reaches potential customers exactly when they might be looking for you (sponsored searches) or when they are near your store (impulse buys)
- Easy action for users: “drive there” under your ad / ad
- Global reach, used in over 200 countries and available in over 40 languages
- Affordable pricing for small business or testing, with no commitment or subscription
Although 2019 was the last year of publication of the Yellow Pages in print, its digital counterpart, Yell, lives on. Yell is the UK’s premier online business directory, and UK consumers turn to Yell for nearby products and services, making this directory essential for businesses wishing to reach nearby consumers who are ready. to buy.
Why Yell is an Important Directory for Retailers:
- On average, 6.4 million unique visitors per month
- Targets UK consumers who are exclusively looking for local business information
- UK consumers visit Yell to find a local business when they have a strong intention to buy
- List business locations with contact details, hours of operation and notices
- Direct links to your business website
In the era of “Near Me”, consumers have unprecedented access to the information they need to find exactly what they need, here and now. Retailers can’t afford to miss the opportunity to connect with consumers who are nearby – and ready to buy.
Getting your business sites listed in key directories is a critical step in reaching these customers and ensuring their first experience with your brand is a winning one. This not only means getting listed in those directories, but also making sure that your listing pages are accurate, consistent, and compelling. Retailers need to move to where their customers are at every stage of the customer journey, starting with business listings. And make sure they don’t lose the opportunity to make that all-important first connection.